Prices are for the exclusive hire of Egret Lodge and Cherry Pool for two people including one angler. All prices include VAT.
Debit card telephone payments are preferred. We can also take payment by credit card, but a 2.5% surcharge will apply.
Terms and Conditions
A 50% deposit at the time of booking secures your holiday.
The balance needs to be paid a minimum of 6 weeks before your holiday.
A full set of the fishing and guest rules along with a disclaimer form will be given to all guests to read and sign on arrival. Both by booking as well as by signing all guests agree to abide by the rules and terms and conditions of Cherry Lakes.
All visitors and guests visit Cherry Lakes strictly at their own risk. No liability for any accidents or injuries will be accepted.
A maximum of 4 people can occupy the Lodge. There is an additional charge for a second angler and for a third or fourth guest.
Cherry Lakes log cabin holidays are strictly for people over the age of 12 years. We are sorry, but given the proximity of the water,no young children are allowed. All anglers between 12-16 can only fish when accompanied by an adult. Babies who are not yet walking are allowed.
We also do not accept bookings for more than 2 adult males or females per Lodge.
Bedding and towels are not included, however a bedding pack can be rented out at a cost of £30 per bed including sheets, 4 pillows and a double duvet and a towel pack for £13 per pack of 2 bath + 2 hand towels. Or £35 if both the bedding and towel pack is required.
Breakage Deposit. Credit card details aretaken on arrival. These details will be retained until shortly after your departure and then destroyed. We no longer take a cash deposit as it’s return on departure caused delays. We would not apply a breakage charge without first discussing with you.
WIFI is available at a cost of £10 per Lodge for the duration of your holiday. We will give you the pass code to log on if required.
BBQ. A BBQ holder is provided for your own disposable BBQ. This can accommodate both standard and family sized disposable BBQ trays. These can be purchased on site if you forget your own.
Smoking. The Lodges are strictly non-smoking. There is plenty of room on the decking and around the Cottage. If anyone is found to be, or has clearly been smoking in the Cottage or Lodge, then a £250 deep cleaning charge will be applied as part of your breakage deposit.
Winter bookings (November to March): We will endeavour to let you know if the lake is frozen before you arrive, but we recommend you always contact us if the weather is particularly cold before setting off. In the event the lake is frozen and you have booked you have two options:-
1. If you choose to still come to Cherry Lakes to enjoy a nice winter’s break away from home but you are unable to fish; we will give you a 25% credit of the booking value against your next visit to Cherry Lakes.
2. If you choose to cancel, we will credit 50% of the booking value against your next visit to Cherry Lakes.
Guest Cancellation policy: We will refund your deposit (minus £50 administration charge) up to 12 weeks before your holiday. Any cancellation between 6-12 weeks prior to your holiday results in a lost deposit. The final balance is required 6 weeks before your holiday after which unfortunately no refunds are offered on cancellation. We may be able to rearrange your holiday without losing all of your monies depending on how much notice and the time of the year. We also will endeavour to re sell a cancelled holiday and refund as much as possible.
If you have reserved a holiday through an agreed non-refundable deposit, then this deposit will not be refunded if you cancel your holiday.
Cancellation at short notice by Cherry Lakes : In the unlikely event of a major natural event such as Flooding or Storm, or as a result of a major operational issue which cannot be quickly fixed (eg loss of power, water, sewage) or request from the EA; the owners may be forced into temporarily closing Cherry Lakes at short notice. If this is ever necessary the following terms and conditions will apply:-
1. All guests who are asked and required to leave early from Cherry Lakes will receive a pro-rata refund for the nights remaining including the day which they are asked to leave on. (For example if guests are asked to leave on a Wednesday at 4pm then they will receive a refund for Wednesday and Thursday nights). We will also seek to invite guests back to Cherry Lakes at a later date on a 50% discounted rate basis.
2. Guests who have yet to arrive, and would be adversely affected by the major operational issue at Cherry Lakes, will be contacted by us as soon as possible to advise you of the situation and outlook. If a decision is taken to cancel your holiday then guests will receive a full refund and invited to re-book on a 50% discounted rate basis.
3. No additional compensation to the above for cancelling part or all of your holiday will be paid.